Make delicious, deep-fried, melt-in-your-mouth Scandinavian cookies and pastry shells. Includes an interchangeable handle that makes two shapes at once plus 6 unique cast aluminum irons: 3 new Rosette irons and 3 Bundt-inspired Timbale pastry irons.
1. Heat 2 inches of oil in high-sided pan to 325°F. Immerse Rosette iron in hot oil until thoroughly heated (1 minute), and allow excess oil to drip off once iron is lifted.
2. Immediately dip hot iron in batter (recipe at left) so that batter covers all but the top of the iron. Pro tip: Allow excess batter to drip off prior to frying.
3. Immerse again in hot oil, covering completely. Remove from oil when bubbling subsides and pastry is golden brown. Use a fork to gently pull the rosette from the iron. Cool and sprinkle with granulated or powdered sugar."
1. Before initial use and after subsequent uses, hand wash cast pieces in warm soapy water. Extended soaking is not recommended.
2. Select two styles of Rosette or Timbale which you wish to use. Designs should either be 2 Rosettes or 2 Timbales; we do not recommend mixing and matching due to varying heights.
3. Align the center of the cast design with the tip of one of the handle prongs, and gently twist clockwise together, 3-4 turns or until snug. Repeat with second cast design. Do not over-tighten.
4. If you desire a change of shape, allow irons to cool completely (4-5 minutes) after removal from cooking oil in a cool location. We recommend using a paper towel to grasp the iron, and spin counterclockwise until separated.
5. Always use an oven mitt or heat-safe glove when handling Rosette/Timbale irons in and around hot oil, using the same precautions one would use around any form of hot oil or deep frying.
Material: Cast aluminum
Warranty: Lifetime Warranty
Weight: 1.55 lbs
Made in: China (handle)
Rosette Dimension: 3" x 3" x 0.75" , Timbale Dimension: 3" x 3" x 1.25"
We're glad you're here!
Our experienced staff are here to guide you to the tools and knowledge that will make your cooking both more flavorful and more enjoyable to prepare.